Injured on Someone Else’s Property?

DATE: Jan, 1   COMMENTS: 0   AUTHOR: Allan Azarola

Obtaining an injury is never convenient. Aside from the pain and suffering you have to endure, you may end up unable to work or take care of your obligations. 

When you get hurt on someone else’s property, they can compensate you for your affliction. In some cases, you’ll need the assistance of trusted law experts such as Diamond & Diamond.

This article will provide information on what to do if you get injured on someone else’s property. 

Get Medical Assistance

Get medical assistance for the injury. Treat it on-site,  but for an informed assessment, see a professional.

Delaying treatment can result in further damage and even long-term trauma. Your health is the main priority, and seeing a doctor will give you peace of mind. Ask your doctor for a medical report. This will serve as evidence in your claim.

Gather Evidence

Take photos of the safety hazard responsible for your injury, and record information of witnesses. Add any additional factors that contributed to your injury. If you experience damage to your attire, preserve them in that condition as part of your evidence. 

Your medical bills from the occurrence, and any related income losses, should be documented as well. In some cases, you could get compensated for these as well. 

Talk to a Legal Professional

Contact a legal professional for advice before signing any documents. An attorney or lawyer will act in your best interest and ensure that you don’t sign anything detrimental to your claim. 

Once you’ve got a professional to handle your case, you can file for your claim. Handle the whole situation as quickly as possible because each state has a statute of limitations. If you wait too long, they won’t process your claim.

What Not to Do

Many guides advise you on what actions to take but don’t warn you about what you shouldn’t do. Some of the steps that you need to avoid are: 

  • Signing documents without understanding them 
  • Signing documents before discussing them with a lawyer 
  • Discussing the incident with the building owner implying that the injury is your fault 
  • Talking to adjusters without seeking legal advice first


When you get injured on someone else’s property, you need to remain level-headed and first seek medical care. You should also collect any data that will prove and assist with your case.

To ensure that you’re taking the right steps, speak to a legal professional that will guide you through the process. If you follow your lawyer’s advice, your outcome is most likely to be favorable. 

It's only fair to share...Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin